In 2000, former lawyer David Yeo, launched Aqua restaurant with a vision to bring some of the chic restaurant buzz of New York, Tokyo and London to Hong Kong. It proved such a phenomenal success that today Aqua Restaurant Group has grown to a formidable culinary empire of more than 20 ground-breaking outlets in London, New York, Miami, Beijing, Dubai and our home Hong Kong.
General Manager - Aqua Shard
Aqua Restaurant Group provides the very best in memorable dining experiences. Each restaurant offers high quality contemporary cuisine, based on carefully selecting the freshest produce, preparing it so the flavours shine through and presenting each dish with a ‘wow’ factor. All of this is done in a design-led environment with attentive but approachable service.
We are now seeking a General Manager to join the team
The role of the General Manager is to lead, motivate and energise the team and to be responsible for the entire operation and financial performance of the venue in accordance with company standards. Your responsibility will include the overall management of the kitchens, bars, restaurants, reception & housekeeping teams.
You will be tasked with constantly challenging the current operation and researching new opportunities to increase revenue and profitability in their business. You will have overall responsibility for ensuring the unit is operated and maintained to maximise profitability while ensuring that company standards, policies and procedures are maintained
Key responsibilities include:
- Operations Management
- Manage, lead and mentor Managers and Staff (team of 140)
- Ensure service is maintained at the utmost of quality levels through proper execution of the sequence of service
- Maintain overall vision – Business and marketing objectives
- Develop risk management and mitigation strategies
- Maintain all corporate mandates
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 8 years professional hospitality senior management experience
- Food and Safety training (OSHA preferred)
- Excellent management, delegation and presentation skills
- Strong influence, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, problem solving and creative solution generation skills
- Excellent business acumen
- Expert knowledge of all Restaurant computer systems (e.g., MICROS, Quadranet and equivalents)
- Finds problem areas, develops solutions and gets the job done
Chef de Partie - Aqua Shard
We are looking for our next creative and friendly Chef de Partie!
As a Chef de Partie at Aqua Shard, you will be looking after the lunch, afternoon tea and dinner offering, assisting the Head Chef in the daily running of the operations.
You have experience in a busy, high-volume kitchen and thrives in delivering the best culinary experience to our guests.
You are a smiley and positive individual willing to join a new family and grow your career with us.
The role comes with great perks:
- Discounts in all restaurants of the Aqua Restaurant Group
- Potential to grow and develop within the group and travel the world
- Continuous training and appraisals – your career matters to us!